Interview Qs: How Google, Amazon and Dell do it
During standard interviews, candidates often throw pre-planned responses your way. How are you meant to find out what your interviewee is really like? By surprising them! Here are some of the unexpected questions that the corporate giants ambush people with….
Weirdest interview questions
* How many cows are in Canada? (Google)
* What song best describes your work ethic? (Dell)
* Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it? (Amazon)
* What do you think about when you are alone in your car? (Gallup)
* Can you say: ’Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper’ and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time? (MasterCard)
* What’s your favourite song? Perform it for us now. (LivingSocial)
* Have you ever stolen a pen from work? (Jiffy Software)
* Pick two celebrities to be your parents. (Urban Outfitters)
* On a scale from one to ten, rate me as an interviewer. (Kraft Foods)
What you can learn
Some of these questions are just plain silly – you’re bound to get an equally silly response.
The point is to stump your candidate by asking them something unexpected.
You might learn something about their principles, reasoning skills and personality.