Salary£18,000 - £21,000 pa
Working HoursFull Time
- Apply Now
Job Title: Collections Officer
Salary: £18,000 to £21,000 (dependent on experience) plus annual bonus and excellent benefits
Location: Shirley, Solihull
Full-time – During the working week the hours will be 8.30am – 5pm twice a week, 10am – 7pm twice a week and 8.30am – 1.45pm once a week.
The role also requires that you work some additional weekend hours which amount to 12 hours over an 8 week period.
An excellent opportunity has arisen due to expansion for someone with strong communication and customer service skills to work within a busy collections team.
After receiving 4 weeks of structured training you will work within an expanding team committed to helping customers experiencing financial difficulty. The role requires someone who can demonstrate high levels of empathy and understanding, and you will pride yourself on building excellent relationships with existing and potential customers.
You will be responsible for recovering any monies due on customer accounts within the current regulatory framework, which will involve identifying and helping customers who may be experiencing financial difficulties.
* Deal empathetically and sympathetically with customers to establish an
understanding of their circumstances
* Examine accounts in arrears, verify the elements and obtain instructions
regarding their recovery and determining appropriate action
* Communicate with customer in arrears to agree sustainable payment arrangements in
line with affordability
* Interpret customer’s instructions and action in accordance with departmental
processes and procedures
* Manage, organise and update information on relevant computer systems
* Adhering to agreed company regulations and legislation
Skills and experience:
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to listen and show empathy
* Experience working within a telephone-based customer service environment
* To be able to ‘think on your feet’ whilst maintaining a professional service
* Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to adapt to change and remain calm under pressure
* Grade C or above GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
If you are interested in this position and are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a successful company that offers long-term career progression then please apply immediately.
If you are already registered with Tirebuck Recruitment or Allocate Recruitment, please contact your consultant to discuss suitability for this position.
Tirebuck Recruitment and Allocate Recruitment only operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the UK. We operate a strict equal opportunities policy.
Tirebuck Recruitment and Allocate Recruitment are divisions of Tirebuck Recruitment Ltd.
Tirebuck Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003.