Salary£19,000 - £23,000 pa
Working HoursFull Time
- Apply Now
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday – Friday
Hourly rate: £19,000 – £23,000 per annum
Location: Shirley, Solihull
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant, to support with customer accounts. The successful candidate must be extremely confident in using Excel to an advanced level. Working alongside the accounts team, you will ensure the timely, accurate and compliant payments and record-keeping across accounts payable and accounts receivable. You will be involved in all the duties which support the finance function and team.
Key Duties include:
- Allocate customer and contractor payments
- Extensive work on Excel
- Matching invoices.
- Process petty cash claims.
- Update the weekly returns database in Excel
- Working to customer SLA time frames on a daily and weekly basis
- Ensure the necessary paperwork is completed
- Understanding and application of the Construction Industry Standards
- Understanding and application of the VAT for Building and Construction
Key Skills and Experience:
- Cash and banking experience
- Accurate and timely processing of invoices, using the accounting software, COINS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in using Microsoft Excel daily at an advanced level is essential
- Proven experience in accounts administration and credit control is essential
If you have experience in a similar role, are immediately available and looking for the opportunity to join a successful company on a permanent basis, please apply immediately.
If you are already registered with Tirebuck Recruitment or Allocate Recruitment, please contact your consultant to discuss suitability for this position. Tirebuck Recruitment and Allocate Recruitment only operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the UK. We operate a strict equal opportunities policy. Tirebuck Recruitment and Allocate Recruitment are divisions of Tirebuck Recruitment Ltd. Tirebuck Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003.