Salary£17,500 - £18,000 pa
Working HoursFull Time
- Apply Now
Job Title: Customer Service Assistant
Salary: £18,000 plus excellent benefits (pro rata)
Hours:Monday to Friday 9 – 5 (school term-time only)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a technically savvy candidate with strong communication and customer service skills to provide first-line support on their busy service desk. The service desk supports over 8000 UK-based clients in their use of an innovative piece of software. The role is working Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm during school term time only.
Based within a busy and vibrant team you will receive incoming calls from customers with a vast range of issues and queries. You will work to resolve the issue effectively and promptly providing excellent levels of customer service throughout.
Working in a friendly team you will be able to work under pressure at times but be able to retain a good sense of humour! This is an excellent entry-level role that can lead to other exciting opportunities within the business.
– Provide 1st line telephone and email support to customers who need assistance
with software products
– Ensure that customers are kept fully up to date regarding the progress and
resolution of issues they have logged
– Ensure that issues requiring internal escalation are actioned in a timely manner
and clearly documented
– Efficiently log and update all queries within their internal service management
– Add to and maintain service team knowledge by sharing knowledge and experience
– Keep abreast of product developments
Skills and experience:
– Experience working within a customer service environment (preferably within a
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Technically minded and analytical with the ability to navigate a sometimes
complex computer system
– Ability to work in a timely and professional manner within fluctuating volumes of
– The ability to build rapport with the customer base and internal departments
– The ability to communicate technical issues to a non-technical customer
This role is a dual role in that it requires strong technical ability coupled with excellent customer service skills. In return the company offer a genuinely friendly and fun work environment and excellent opportunities to progress internally. You will also receive excellent benefits to include free parking, pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday plus the option to buy or sell additional days. The may be occasions where you are asked to work overtime. This is voluntary, and you will receive time and a half for any extra hours worked.
If this role is of interest, please apply immediately.
If you are already registered with Tirebuck Recruitment or Allocate Recruitment, please contact your consultant to discuss suitability for this position.
Tirebuck Recruitment and Allocate Recruitment only operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the UK. We operate a strict equal opportunities policy.
Tirebuck Recruitment and Allocate Recruitment are divisions of Tirebuck Recruitment Ltd.
Tirebuck Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003.